Pursuant to the County Governments Act, 2012 section 59(1) (b): - the County Government of Migori in collaboration with HSDSA invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions in the Department of Health Services:
1. HTS PROVIDERS ( 12 Positions)-REF MCPSB /196/2018
Reports to facility in-charge & Program Officer
• Certificate in HTC Counselling from NASCOP accredited institutions
• Must have been trained in current HTC Algorithm
• Must be a Kenyan Citizen
• Must have Diploma in any health related course
• Experience in HIV comprehesive care centres will be an added advantage
• People living with HIV are encouraged to apply
Duties and responsibilities
The HTC counselor is responsible for providing HIV testing and counseling services to patients and clients seeking health services in health facilities.
To create awareness and provide education about the existence of HIV testing services
•To prepare and test clients for HIV
• To provide on-going counselling to enhance relevant referrals for on-going support
• To ensure 100% linkage of the clients testing positive to care and treatment centres (CCC)
• Provides pre/post-test HIV counselling ensuring that clients understand risk factors, prevention methods and other relevant issues
• To ensure quality of HTC services at all times
• To keep accurate HTC records
• To compile and submit HTC reports on weekly, monthly and Quarterly to the supervisor
• To lead in mobilization of clients for HTC
• To timely request for all the necessary consumables for undertaking HTC activities
• To participate in HTC QA activities like PT, counselling supervision etc
• To perform any other duties as directed by supervisor
2. REGISTERED CLINICAL OFFICERS ( 3 Positions) REF MCPSB /197/2018
As part of the comprehensive care team, the successful candidates will participate in the planning, delivery and monitoring of client-centred comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment.
Duties and Responsibilities;
The specific duties will be to oversee service delivery in the following areas, among others
a) Provide facility-based clinical care to PLHIV including ART, PMTCT, diagnosis and management of opportunistic infections and adherence support, in line national guidelines and standards.
b) Participate in mentorship and work-based continuous professional development through on-job mentorship sessions, CPD and participation in MDT meetings in supported sites
c) Work with community-based treatment and support programs to enhance retention in care, HIV prevention and addressing other psychosocial issues to mitigate the impact of HIV on those affected and infected by HIV,
d) Participate in the establishment and implementation of quality improvement plans in the target facilities
e) Support facilities to develop and strengthen coordination of care within facilities and with other facilities.
f) Support proper and complete documentation of client encounters in client charts and facility and national registers.
a) Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery or Clinical Medicine and community Health from a recognized institution;
b) Certificate of Registration from clinical Officers Council; Practicing license
c) A minimum of one year experience in HIV service provision;
d) Certificate in computer Application Skills from a recognized institution;
e) Must be a Kenyan citizen; and
f) Demonstrate understanding of the commitment of the National values and principles of Public Service Governance as espoused in the Constitution of Kenya 2010, Article 10 and 232.
3. KENYA REGISTERED COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE (KRCHN) (11 Positions)REF MCPSB /198/2018
An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior nursing officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
a) Ensure all newly diagnosed clients are enrolled, offered enhanced adherence counselling, started on HAART, retained on care and are eventually virally suppressed-(Test and Treat)
b) Monitor for ART adverse effects at every visit, adherence and assess for treatment failure for all clients who’ve been on ART for more than 6 months and appropriately manage STFs
c) Provide comprehensive quality of care in HIV prevention, care and treatment services including; VMMC, PMTCT, EID, TB-HIV care and PrEP to eligible clients. This includes conduct peer chart reviews, case discussions, MDTs and implement appropriate interventions
d) Assess for Opportunistic Infections (OIs) on clients during their regular clinic visits and manage appropriately
e) Participate actively in the facility’s Quality Improvement Team, Case discussions MDT, Infection prevention teams among others
f) Ensure proper documentation in all relevant tools used during clients’ management
g) Ensure that 90-90-90 ART cascade is achieved at all service delivery points as a measure of HIV epidemiological control
h) Ensure timely submission of correct, consistent and complete periodic and adhoch report requests
i) Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisors
• Diploma in Community Health Nursing - KRCHN
• Registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya
• Must be having a valid practicing licence from NCK
• 2 - 3 years practical experience and exposure to HIV care and treatment, VMMC, PMTCT, TB – HIV and comprehensive care service delivery
4. HEALTH RECORDS AND INFORMATION OFFICERS (14 Positions) REF MCPSB/199/2018
The Health Records Information Officer will be responsible for strengthening the capacity of the target institutions to collect, store, retrieve, analyse, report and utilize high quality client level and aggregated health data to deliver health services to catchment communities.
Duties And Responsibilities
a) Implement systems for health records infrastructure to maintain data confidentiality and security.
b) Support facility based service providers to ensure accuracy and timeliness of all health records and registers (client registration, medical records filing using Straight Numerical filing system, health records archiving, appointments management)
c) Service level data collection, entry, storage and retrieval, Data verification based on MOH defined service standards.
d) Perform basic data analysis to support planning and quality improvement
e) Ensure appropriate filing and retrieval of service level and aggregate facility health records and reports.
f) Develop protocols for data management and data quality
g) Work closely with and provide regular feedback to the CRISSP Strategic Information Team.
h) Other duties as may be assigned by Facility Management from time to time..
1. Be in a possession of A Diploma in Medical Records and Information Management from a recognized institution
2. Minimum of 2 years work experience in data management in a healthcare environment with knowledge in use of MOH tools and HIS.
3. Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite and word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
4. Good organizational, planning, interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Those with training and knowledge of SPSS, EPI Info or STATA OR Bachelor’s degree in HRIT will have a distinct advantage.
5. PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGIST ( 5 posts)REF MCPSB /200/2018
Main duties and responsibilities
1. Ensure proper ordering, dispensing and recording of OI and ARVs drugs using the appropriate SOPs
2. Ensuring good storage of OIs and ARV drugs/products using the set guidelines and SOPs
3. Maintain good inventory management of HIV drugs
4. Promote Pharmacovigilance monitoring and reporting for all HIV drugs and other commodities
5. Participate actively in the facility’s Quality improvement team, Case discussions, MDT, Infection prevention teams among others
6. Ensuring submission of accurate and timely reporting of ARV commodities through KEMSA LMIS system
7. Ensure proper use of the ADT tool at all times
8. Actively participate in mentorship and capacity building to other service providers within program’s area of coverage
9. Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisors
Person Qualification and specifications
1. Be a holder of a Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized medical Training College;
2. Be enrolled by the Kenya Pharmacy and Poisons Board
3. 2 - 3 years practical experience and exposure to HIV care and treatment, PMTCT, TB – HIV and comprehensive care service delivery
HOW TO APPLY:
1. All applications should be submitted in a sealed clearly marked on the top left side indicating the rreference number position applied for and addressed to:
The secretary /CEO
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O. BOX 365-40400, Suna
2. Hand dilivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the Migori County Public Service Board located at msomi teachers colloege on migori/ isebania highway
3. All applications should reach the secretary/ ceo Migori County Public Service Board on or before Monday 26th March, 2018.
4. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and proffesional certificates and testimonials.
5. For candiadates to meet the requiremqments of chapter six of the constitution of kenya 2010, applicants must obtain the following clearance:
i. Tax compliance certificate from KRA
ii. Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission
iii. Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
• Women, people living with disabilities and marginalised groups are encouraged to apply
• Only shortlisted and succssful candidates will be contacted.
• Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
MIGORI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER